Below is a summary of essential and recommended technical settings to take online lessons.
– Good internet connection
– A device capable of video conference
– A quiet space for the lesson
– Ability to download the provided sound files and play them on your device
– The latest version of Zoom
– A laptop or desktop computer to conduct the video conference
– A secondary device to play backing tracks and the provided practice tracks
– An external microphone, for better sound quality
For Jazz Students:
– A piano or keyboard
Settings in Zoom for music lessons:
1. Go to Settings/Audio and UNCHECK Automatically adjust microphone volume
2. In Audio Settings, click on Advanced, and make sure that both Background Noise Suppression options are Disabled.
Each students will have a dedicated DropBox folder, in which we’ll accumulate backing tracks and practice files, your recorded assignments, and video recordings of all your lessons for review purposes.